In this article we’re going to look at house edges and RTPs, the things that dictate your odds and decide just how much of a return you get from table games and pokies. We’ll show you which casinos to signup to and which games to play, so prepare to get one up on the house.
Where to Play
The best returns tend to come on the Microgaming software, because the other developers just don’t cut it. Microgaming are the oldest, and seem to have the best grasp of just what players in this industry want. Playtech come close, and there are some big positives elsewhere, but Microgaming leads the way. It is not perfect, but when you take the others into account, it certainly looks like it:
- Playtech: The thing that annoys us about this software is that it hides some really poor RTPs and house edges behind glitzy graphics and bonus features. Playtech is also guilty of using its size and dominate to get away with low quality games and really poor odds.
- Realtime Gaming: The issue with RTG is that they let their individual licensees, the casinos, fix the odds. This can lead to improved returns, should they decide to go that way. However, in most cases the opposite is true, which is perhaps to be expected.
- BetSoft and Net Ent: These two share good and bad things in common. They both have beautiful games, and ones that are well worth playing, but these games also offer poor odds most of the time, with BetSoft more guilty of this than Net Entertainment.
So, now that we have established why Microgaming is the best in this department, just which Microgaming casino leads the way? The truth is that, providing it is licensed and secure, then you should be okay with most of them. You want one that offers all of the Microgaming titles though, and not just a select few, and you also want one that has some impressive bonuses.
That’s why, for us, Royal Vegas Casino comes out on top. It offers everything that you would expect from a Microgaming casino, and it also has some of the biggest bonuses around, as well as a full roster of pokies and table games.
Highest Paying Table Games
It’s not always easy to pinpoint the games with the best returns and payouts, and it is even harder with table games than it is with slots. But we can help in that department, as all of the following lead the way when it comes to house edges:
- Double Exposure Blackjack: This is not just the blackjack game with the lowest house edge on Royal Vegas Casino, it is the blackjack game with the lowest house edge in the world. Blackjack professionals sign-up to casinos like Royal Vegas Casino just to get their hands on this game.
- French Roulette: There are many versions of roulette on Royal Vegas Casino, but most of these should be avoided. American Roulette is the most popular, but French Roulette offers the best return, and this is where you should focus.
- Baccarat: This card game doesn’t always offer a great return, but as far as baccarat goes, you can’t get much better this this.
- Sic Bo: There is a popular variant of this game known as Crown & Anchor, and one that we enjoy. But while the graphics are better and the layout is more streamlined, the house edge is much higher. If you want the odds to be in your favour, stick with the original Sic Bo.
Highest Paying Pokies
There are over 500 pokies to choose from on Royal Vegas Casino, but some of the more poplar ones, Mega Moolah included, actually have the lowest RTPs, and the ones with the best RTPs are often hiding away.
- Breakaway: This is an ice hockey themed pokie, and one that is part of a series that also includes Rugby Star and Cricket Star. It is seemingly the least popular of that series, perhaps because ice hockey isn’t very popular here in Australia, but it offers the best returns.
- Retro Reels: Although it is simple and isn’t much to look at, this game has some fantastic returns. Retro Reels is based on a very simple formula, and the focus is not on bonus features or free spin rounds, but on simple base game play. That’s why it isn’t very popular, but there are some big wins to be had here.
- Avalon II: Although the RTP here is not as high as it is on the two games above, this is easily one of the biggest and best games that Royal Vegas Casino have, and it is also very generous. Avalon II has by far the best bonus feature we have ever played, and one we would definitely recommend.