You may have heard the stat that Aussies gamble more than anyone else, and by a considerable amount as well. This means that we also lose more than anyone else, and there are more problem gamblers in Australia than there are in any other country.
It is important to be prepared with these things, because even with games of chance, there are still ways that you can prepare yourself mentally, ways that you can limit your losses and improve your chances of being a successful gambler. In this article we’ll look at some ways you can do that, with tips that can help you towards a happy and profitable 2016.
Proper bankroll management is crucial in all areas of gambling, both online and offline. A bankroll is basically a budget, and one that stays with you throughout your gambling. This is an essential for professional gamblers and hardcore gamblers, but it’s also something that casual gamblers can use to improve their returns.
Simply follow these steps:
- Set a Budget: Base this on your expendable income, the amount that you can afford to lose every month. The figure you arrive at can be used in full if you plan to gamble every day, you can use half of it if you plan to gamble every other day, and a fraction of it if you plan to gamble occasionally.
- Use a Web Wallet: Poker players will keep their bankroll in their poler account and casino players will keep it in their casino account. But this is too risky, especially if you are impulsive. It’s best to create a PayPal or Skrill account, make a single deposit, and leave the money there.
- Dribs and Drabs: Divvy your bankroll into quarters and move one of these from your wallet every week. That will cover you for the week. Feel free to dip into your wallet again if you lose more, but don’t go above 50% in a week.
- Cool Off: If you lose too much, you need to give yourself a few hours or days to cool off, stopping you from making further deposits and losing more of your money.
- Limits: Cooling off periods are also good to stop you blowing your bankroll. You need to make some big mistakes or to play poorly to blow through all of this money, so take some time to cool off, to reassess your play and your strategy, and then look to replace that bankroll when you are comfortable enough.
- Profit: The goal is to use your profits to extend your bankroll, ensuring that even if you hit a bad spell, you will still have enough left in your bankroll to wait for a good spell. When that profit reaches a considerable amount, you can start syphoning some of it into your bank account, but don’t move too much of it.
The Right Games
If you want to make it as a professional gambler, you need to make sure you are playing games that give you a genuine chance of winning, games that rely on both skill and experience, and not just luck. Both of the following can be beaten on a regular basis and are played by professionals:
- Poker: This is the ultimate game of skill, and there are poker professionals, including Australia’s own Joe Hachem, that have made millions from that skill. It doesn’t matter whether you play offline at an exclusive card room, or online at a site like 888 Poker, this game can always be beaten.
- Blackjack: If you play properly, then you don’t need to count cards in order to beat the casino at blackjack. It certainly helps, of course, but it’s not possible online. However, strategy is still enough to get by and to make a consistent profit.
The Right Casino
It’s not all about how you play or what you play, because where you play can be just as important. Shop around, because these days there are hundreds of casinos out there offering the same games and the same experience, and the only thing that separates one from the next are the bonuses they offer. Because of that, these casinos are always trying to outdo each other, to offer bigger and better bonuses and promotions.
On Royal Vegas Casino, for instance, you can get a huge $1,200 in free cash, which is more than twice what most of their competitors are offering. Royal Vegas Casino is just as secure, just as accessible, just as compatible and just as fun as every other major online casino out there. The bonus is the only real deviation from the norm, but it’s one that could be the difference between profit and loss, the difference between you being stuck in the red or nudging into the black at the end of your first session.
Royal Vegas Casino also offers all of the following:
- 120 Free Spins
- 24-Hour Support
- Loyalty Program
- Regular Loyalty Promotions